Who said GInput has to work only with gamepads? Wooting is a keyboard with full RGB LED control and analog keys - sounds like a perfect fit to support natively in GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas via GInput!
This package contains an early version of said integration, featuring:
- Full native support for analog keys
- Backlight reflecting gang activity in the area you are in
- Function keys flash when the police is after you
- Keyboard dims when the player is hidden in the shadows
- During dancing minigames, relevant keys reflect your score while all the other keys are dimmed
If the project picks up, more Wooting specific features will be added!
First and foremost, GInput for San Andreas works ONLY with a 1.0 version of the game. If you are using a Steam version, you need to downgrade. Refer to this page for a download link, installation instructions and a brief explanation on why downgrading San Andreas is a very good idea:
Once the game is downgraded to 1.0, just extract this archive to the game directory, overwriting any existing files (including an older GInput version, if present). If done correctly, your Wooting keyboard should be natively supported right away!